Douglas and Wendy

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Dawson Mark Babcock

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Danovyn McCoy Babcock

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

NEW TOY!!!


So I asked for an SUV and Doug bought me a Scooter.  Of course I don't really know how to ride two wheeled objects.  I also was a little nervous because of my broken foot that is doing well, but definitely not up to par yet.  It is beautiful!  Red and black.  I couldn't have asked for a better scooter.  I wanted to go out and practice riding it so that once I got my helmet I could feel confident riding it to school.  I went to the top of our street where there isn't any traffic and a lot of streets for me to try my skills.  I was doing great!  Starting and stopping.  Just turns were giving me trouble.  I decided to make a starting right turn and what do you know a car is coming on the other side.  My turning skills were obviously lacking as I turned right into the oncoming car's path.  I am never very good at admitting my faults, so I will just say the curb won.  I completely skidded the bike on the curb/dirt/sidewalk.  Of course my body went along with the bike on that trip.  I feel terrible as my new beautiful bike looks worse than my body with road rash.

No comments: